Friday, May 16, 2008

Goals

I thought I would write a post about my future goals to put them out there to make myself more accountable. Maybe if I am telling you all about them, I will strive more to accomplish them? Hard to say, I guess we will see.

Be better at my job.
Show up every day ready to learn and continue to learn as much as possible. Be a sponge! Remember to breathe and stay calm in stressful times and remind myself I love my job. ( I really DO love my job...I just get stressed easily.)

Make money with my blogs.
Try to post more often, network more and gain more readers therefore qualifying for more paid postings etc etc. Keep an eye out for new ways to earn.

Invest
Every time I get paid, whatever money is left over from the last paycheck goes into my savings account. Because of this, I have quite a nice amount of savings so far. Once I have a bit more I would like to go to the bank and talk to them about possibly investing some of my money in mutual funds, RRSP's etc.

Learn Portuguese
Most of my heritage is portuguese, therefore I would like to learn the language.

Go to Portugal
This goes hand in hand with the previous one. I would like to have learned some of the language before I go there, so as not to be totally confused when I'm there. I really want to learn about the culture of where I am from.

Be More Active
I know, everyone says it. I am slowly getting there, but I'm not there yet. I want to try to be more active not just for obvious purposes, but to be healthier and have more energy in general.


What are the timelines of these goals you ask? Well, I havent really set one. Most are just things to work on every day. The travelling? Well I don't have a specific time frame, I guess we'll say before I settle down and get married ;)

What about you guys? What are your goals for the future?



1 comment:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Learning portuguese - good luck! I'm working on french