Wednesday, November 5, 2008

November Goals

Well I am officially under the $4,000 mark on my student loan. It has now been 2 years since I first started paying it off and I have paid off approx. $4900!! My interest rate has also gone down 0.5% in the last month or so. In total since I first started paying it off, it's gone down 2%. I am really excited that its under the $4K mark because I am hoping that with my next tax refund in the new year, and if I try really hard, I could possibly have this paid off by the end of 2009. Wouldn't that be great?

Anyways, I've decided to come up with a few goals for November.

1) Keep tracking spending. I bought a little notebook to keep in my purse so I can write down everything. I think I will keep tracking my spending for Nov and Dec and then make myself a budget for the new year. Along with this comes #2....

2) Keep track of my No Spending days. Each day that I don't spend anything, I mark it on the calendar. After this month is over, I will see how many there was and then set myself a goal for Dec.

3) Get a new gym pass. I got a monthly pass for the new gym near my house and it was up a few days ago. I need to get another one and keep going. I think I will eventually buy a yearly membership but I will probably wait until the new year, since I will be saving for Christmas.

4) Send in my first deposit for ING savings account. I really don't want to buy a box of cheques for $20 bucks just to use one and probably never use the others. But then again, they have the highest interest rate than anyone else. Probably worth it, I just need to get around to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congrats on the student loan!! Well done :)

Good luck on your goals for this month! I've also added you to my blogroll, i look forward to watching your journey! :)