Sunday, August 9, 2009

Garage Sale Hunting

This weekend I got up early on Saturday to go garage saleing with my mom. I don't normally like to wake up early on my days off but I make an exception for garage sales. I haven't really been looking for anything in particular lately. I just kind of like the thrill of finding something good for really cheap I guess. Anyways I was able to get 2 items.

I knew right when I saw this I had to have it. I got it for $2. I took it home and put most of my makeup in it. I used to have my makeup in little glass vase type things from Ikea but they fill up quick and this holds more.


I'm somewhat obsessed with all asian style home decor and also with all things "geisha" ever since I read Memoirs of a Geisha years ago. Got this little dish for $0.25!! I've been using it to hold my hair clips.

It's funny because I love going to garage sales and I have been to quite a lot this summer, but I think this might be the first time I've actually bought anything.

3 comments:

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

What great finds, I love your little vase! Garaging is a great way to be frugal, and you're doing great to only buy what you really love.

The Asian Pear said...

that box is a great find. I've been trying to find something similar like that to hold my japanese lunch box and equipment.

Dolly Iris said...

I love garage sales and flea markets. Last year I got a twin sized bed frame, mattress, sheets, dresser, filing cabinet and portable dishwasher for $110 from one sale.