Friday, December 18, 2009

Baking day!

Today was my day off, and I decided to do some baking! Mainly because I am going to a little Christmas dinner with co-workers tomorrow, so I wanted to bring some treats. I made two kinds of cookies and some chocolate/skor square things.

First I made some candy cane cookies from a recipe I found on Rina's blog. They seemed simple but different so I wanted to try them. Here is what mine looked like:

Verdict: good but nothing spectacular. But I probably didn't make them as good as she did. They actually reminded me of those Pillsbury cookies you buy in the store that are already made and you just stick them in the oven.

I also made Monster Cookies from Frugal Dreamer's recipe. I forgot to take a picture after they were done but here is what they looked like before I put them in the oven:

Verdict: also not as good as I hoped. Maybe I am just having a picky day, because my mom thought they were pretty good. I think they needed more chocolate chips. And they were definately MONSTER cookies because mine turned out huge!

Finally I made a recipe I have made a few times now, go
t it off my mom. I'm not sure what they are officially called but they are these delicious little squares with chocolate chips and skor bits.

Verdict: Amazing as usual!! I don't even want to guess how many calories are in these suckers.

Off topic: Today I won 10 SWAG BUCKS!! 10!! I've never won more than 5 at a time before. It was pretty sweet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm... too bad you didn't love them!