Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend Update

This weekend was one of the best weekends I've had in a long time. I went back to where I grew up to visit my best friend. On Friday we met up with another girl that we went to high school with, and hadn't seen for a long time! We met up for coffee and ended up talking for hours. Saturday night we went to a big party for a guy that we went to high school with who is getting married. The three of us pre-drank for a few hours before hand then drank at the party, and continued after. It was definitely the most I have drank in a long time and felt it a little the next day, although not as badly as I thought, which was great! The party was really fun! We saw a ton of people that we went to school with, most I have not seen in a year or more. It's really great catching up with people at these types of events, chatting about life and what you have been up to and hearing what everyone else has been doing. At the same time, I can't help but get a little envious feeling that everyone else's life is more successful/exciting than mine or feeling like everyone else is "further in life" if that even makes sense. Why is it so natural to feel envious of others? Lol seriously! It's like I am happy with life until I hear about someone else's life, and I think why am I not doing that too?!

Anyways, Friday was payday and this one was a lot more than normal, because I worked on Good Friday, I also had an extra 5 hours cause of a training session. I got paid for my gas from the training day because I drove the other girls. They gave me cash in an envelope and I have not touched it because I am saving it for....and now comes the good part....I am going to Ottawa in about 3 weeks!! YAY It was kind of a last minute thing, because my friend had a good chance to have me visit and I am going for it! I am so excited! I put away the extra money from the holiday as well, which was about $100 extra after taxes. I also meant to put away the extra money from the training, but I forgot about that, and now I'm not going to because I spent too much this weekend.

How much did I spend this weekend? I spent:
$24 LCBO
$34 Gas (filled up tank friday but used like 1/8 of it for actual travel this weekend)
$10
$5 cab home
$12 drinks at party
$15 food and mix for drinks

$100!! :(

Considering it was one of the best weekends I've had in a long time, it was well worth it :)

No comments: