Monday, June 21, 2010

The blue is back! ....but since when was it gone?

Last night while watching the MMVA's I saw this commercial for Smarties, where they kept saying "the blue is back!". Ok, seriously? Did they really take away the blue smartie? Cause I had no idea..

Anyways, I officially applied for my PEBC exam. I sent the application on Thurs and it has been received. Now I just wait to get further instructions (like time and location) from them in Sept a few weeks before the exam. So I have 3 months to study like nobody's business. I also have to speak to my boss to see if I am able to get reimbursed for the cost of the exam. I know another co-worker got the money for hers last year, but she recently tried to get them to pay for some other courses and they wouldnt. So it may have been taken out of the budget. I'll have to see.

I finally got my codes for my latest Amazon.com gift cards and I had decided what I wanted to purchase. Then I noticed that the item was only available for shipping within the US!!! UGH, I hate it when that happens!

Has anyone been watching FIFA world cup? I haven't been able to watch the games cause I'm always workin, but I have been following the scores and of course cheering for Portugal. I even have a little flag for my car. We have only played two games so far. The first was tied against some country I don't even know the name of, and today we won against Korea 7-0! So its a good day for us! But we are playing Brazil on Friday, which is not cool. Brazil is one of the best in the world! Of course they are both portuguese nations which is why I think it sucks that we have to play each other so early on because only one of us can move ahead( atleast I'm pretty sure?).

Another thing I wanted to mention is I am now reading Hillary Clinton's autobiography. It's amazing! I am definitely a fan of hers. I am really enjoying reading this book, and it makes me wish she could come and do something for health care in Ontario!

1 comment:

Morgaine said...

I didn't know that about Smarties either - must be the diet I'm on!

We have a small world cup pool going on at my work, otherwise I wouldn't be keeping up with it - Ireland wasn't in :(

Portugal first played my 2nd pool team (we picked out of a hat) Cote d'Ivoire (African country) and tied 0-0. You are still in luck because the top 2 teams from each group goes on, so that would be Brazil and Portugal.

I live in a Portuguese neighbourhood, but I'm not Portuguese myself. But, it is nice to see people celebrating in the streets and impromptu parades. Its a fun time here.