Saturday, June 2, 2012

Pre-Portugal To Do List



With my Portugal trip only 1 month away, I've made a list of things I need to do before I leave. I thought I would post it and that way if you guys can think of anything I've missed, you can let me know! Here's what I've got so far:


  • Renew drivers liscence and plate sticker (because I'll be arriving back shortly before my birthday, it has to be done before I leave) Check!
  • Make photocopies of: passport, drivers licence, birth certificate, health card, benefits card. I'll make two copies of each and leave one copy at home with my parents and keep one copy with me, separate from the originals. 
  • Call VISA and AMEX to notify them of my vacation incase I have to use one of them while I'm away, they won't think its stolen and block it
  • speak to bank about how I can access my money overseas ( I  was planning to bring a few hundred euros in cash and the rest in travellers checks, but  need to be aware of how I can get more money out if needed). I don't think you can just use debit directly at the point of sale.
  • register with Canadian Embassy in Portugal? Maybe this is paranoid but I heard it's a good idea to register with the embassy where you are visiting, incase of an emergency it allows for things to get done faster. 
Um this is all I've got so far. All you seasoned travellers please tell me if I have forgotten anything!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I wish I could help! I haven't been out of the country since I was little. I went to St. Croix and Puerto Rico, but you don't need a passport for those.