Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Benefits of being a Visa cardholder!




So I'm planning a trip in a few months and I've decided I'm going to rent a car. It costs just as much to take a bus/train and at least this way I can go on my own schedule. And hopefully gas is not still super expensive.
What does this have to do with having a Visa? Well I'll tell you in a sec. I was wondering about rental car insurace..it costs to much to get it from the rental car company so I started to think about other options for where to get it. And I don't know how I thought of it, but I thought of my visa. A lot of credit cards come with various kinds of insurance so I checked mine out. Tadaa! I have automatic rental car insurance as long as I charge the entire amount to my visa!

It also includes stuff like:
-Budget rent-a-car preferred rates (checking that out for sure)
-common carrier travel accident insurace up to $200, 000

You can also get travel medical insurace and balance protection insurace etc etc.

So the next time you are cursing your credit card because it got you into debt, think about some of the benefits that come with owning one. And if you are planning to go on a trip or rent a car, definately check to see if these options are included!

No comments: