Saturday, September 27, 2008

I love the used book store!

YesterdayI went to this used book store that a co-worker told me about. I had only been there once before, it's on the other side of town and I don't really venture out that way very often. I brought in about 8-10 books I wanted to get rid of and got $19 store credit. I picked up 2 books, "Snow Falling on Cedars" by David Guterson and "Nights in Rodanthe" by Nicholas Sparks which is now a movie! The books were $17 total so I still have $2 credit left.

I really like this idea because you can go in there and come out without having spent any money. It's also a great way to get rid of books that are just clutter around your house, without creating waste.

So do you guys shop at used book stores at all or do you prefer to buy brand new?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, i just stumbled across your blog so i thought i'd say hello!

I LOVE used book stores!!! I try to stay way from them though, i spend way too much! I currently have $90 worth of credit at the used book store in our town, but he makes you pay 50% of the cost on any purchase and then the other 50% comes off the credit. It makes sense, but i miss the days when i could exchange my books indefinitely!

hklover86 said...

wow that kinda sucks about the 50/50 thing..but i guess they have to make money somehow eh?? I only have like 2.00 of credit left i will have to scrounge around for more books to bring in! lol

Ms. O. D. said...

i love the used book store too! i totally forgot about selling books back... the sad thing, i've been seeing used book store close down over the years, especially the small cozy onea, they can't compete with the big chain ones.

Dolly Iris said...

I also love used book stores! The only time I buy new is at clearance racks. Oh! I also bought Gail Vaz-Oxlade's book as soon as it was available!