Sunday, September 14, 2008

I'm Back

Hey everyone

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm back and will be posting regularly again. I finally got my own wireless connection set up in my home so I will be online lots!!!

I am now on the search for a car...I know, I know you are probably thinking she has been doing so well paying down debt and saving what does she want a car for?

Well people, I don't think I can take not having a car any longer. I live with my parents in a town where I do not know many people except those I work with. All of my friends are atleast one hour away, and the feeling of being "stuck" here is becoming overwhelming, and I don't think I can put up with it much longer.

Of course money is important but its also important to live your life to the fullest, and right now I am not doing that. I do not want to sit around and waste my life away, and suddenly I'm 30 years old still stuck in the same town! No way people that is not going to be me.

I was looking into leasing a new car (with intention of a buy-out afterwards) because the prices are quite reasonable these days, and with the gas being so high, there are deals to be had. But I think a new car is out of the picture, I don't think I can afford payments on a brand new car plus insurance which is quite ridiculous. I'm starting to seriously consider just buying an old car ( in good condition of course) for like $1000-$2000 to get me through the next few years until I am making more money. If I can pay cash for a used car it eliminates having a car payment, so I would only be paying insurance which would be reasonably cheap on an older car.

This is a lot of information to think about and I would really appreciate any advice anyone could give me! Thanks!

2 comments:

SavingDiva said...

I agree that buying a used car is probably the best idea. I bought a used car four years ago with 25,000 miles on it. My car now has 90,000 miles on it and is still in pretty good condition. I didn't buy a "cool" car, but it's very practical (Impala). I unfortunately did finance it, but my monthly payment were only $225.

MsFit said...

Hi!
nice blog.
I'm bookmarking it.
feel free to check out my blogs

My Quests 4 Cash-Proof of pay, paying sites and more:
http://cashquests.blogspot.com/

My Frugal blog- Freebies, tips, cool sites and more:
http://lipglossnpinups.blogspot.com/

MsFit