Sunday, November 30, 2008

Todays Spending..

Today I went out in search of an Olay cleanser and moisturizer that were recommended by Paula Begoun, the author of "Don't go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me." To my pleasant surprise, both were on sale. I like to have something to read at all times because at work we get an hour long break and it gets pretty boring with nothing to read. I picked up 2 books: "Remember Me" by Sophie Kinsella, the author of the Shopaholic series, and "Smart Women Finish Rich" by David Bach. I've heard good things about all of his books and I wanted to read something geared towards women. I'll let you know how I like it!

So here's what I spent:

Olay moisturizer: $22.99 (was regular $34.99)
Olay cleanser: $5.99 ( was regular $8.99)
- coupon of $4.00 off when you buy any olay cleanser and moisturizer together
Books:
Remember Me- $10.23 ( was regular $16.50, but it was already marked down a bit, plus my employee discount)
Smart Women Finish Rich:$23.05

I can't wait to try out my new skin care products, after I have used them for awhile I will review them for you :)

3 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I liked "Remember me" a lot..

But I don't care for Suze Orman or David Bach books. Too rah rah for me.

Anonymous said...

I really liked "Smart Women Finish Rich"...it definitely gets you thinking about taking charge of your own finances and educating yourself for the future. The best part I think is when he talks about the real underlying motivations for why we spend what we spend and how our expenses do (or don't) line up with what we SAY is important to us! I hope you enjoy it :)

Sunshine said...

I really like Olay cleansers. I use the Olay foaming face wash for sensitive skin. I have oily acne prone skin and this cleanser is not too harsh and does not breakout me out. I just recently found out that using a gentle non-medicated cleanser works better for my acne prone skin.

What Olay cleanser do you use?