Friday, January 23, 2009

Going to start learning portuguese!


I bought a Portuguese Phrasebook today! It's the Lonely Planet Portuguese Phrasebook, and I'm really excited to start learning. I got a $20 gift card to Chapters for Christmas from a friend and I thought I would put it to good use.
I eventually want to buy some sort of cd-rom for more in-depth learning of the language but this will do for now. It's basically got a bunch of sections to do with travelling, as well as a menu reader and a two-way dictionary.
It looks really cool and I can't wait to start reading it!

2 comments:

The Asian Pear said...

I have one of those books... But one in French and Italian back in my backpacking days. Good books for sure. *thumbs up* Good luck with the language lessons. I take it this means you'll be going on vacation this year after all? :)

Anonymous said...

Hi my apologies I forgot to answer your question :(

A book my hubby has found most helpful is Verbs & Essentials of Grammar by Sue Tyson-Ward. This si on top of his phrase book :)

http://www.amazon.com/Portuguese-Verbs-Essentials-Grammar-2E/dp/0071498079/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233220592&sr=8-1