Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Budget


After recording my spending for a few months, I have come up with a budget that I will try to follow from now on. Of course I'm sure it will end up being changed a few times, but this is where it stands for now:

net income: $1300.00

rent: $200
cell phone: $68

meals at work: $100
fast food/dining out: $50
grocery: $30
Makeup & personal items: $50
Clothes: $90
Misc: $80
Going out: $30

Savings: $102
OSAP: $500


I know $102 is kind of a random number for how much I want to put into savings but since my cell phone is $68 I had that extra $2 and I had to put it somewhere.
My monthly income also varies because I am paid an hourly wage. It's usually somewhere between $1300 and $1350, so I just used $1300 as an estimate.
Every time I get paid I always put whatever money I have left from the last pay either towards my OSAP or into savings, so those numbers will vary a bit. But I think this is a pretty good guideline to begin with.

2 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I always set my budget and then end up playing with it LOL

Fabulously Broke in the City
Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver...

The Asian Pear said...

Good luck with the budget and OSAP!
You're almost done though!