Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Random Updates

I have had 4 days of no spending so far this month, which is great compared to last month! I am still doing the cash budget thing, which is still working out great.

I recently found out that my work has a company RSP plan. Kind of annoyed that I was never told about it in the first place though! Anyways I got a whole folder to read all about it, you can pick from all these different kinds of funds and what percentage of your money goes to which fund, or you can put it all into one fund that is an asset allocation fund. This one basically takes your money and invests it in different ways for you.

I think I am going to start with deducting $50 from each pay right now. It's pre-tax, so hopefully it wont make a big difference in my overall net pay. I got a "fund report" book which shows various graphs and charts but its all very confusing as I am not sure how to read them. Maybe I can google "how to read fund reports" or something! I mean seriously! Right now I am leaning more towards the asset allocation, but I'm still thinking about it.

Tomorrow I'm off, so I am thinking about doing some cleaning (something I am always thinking about...but not so much doing..) and maybe baking. The other day I went to make a banana muffin recipe and then realized we had no vegetable oil. So I might get some and try that recipe finally.

And this is totally off topic, but has anyone seen the clips on youtube of Heidi and Spencer?? I mean seriously?? Mother Teresa?! Wow...these people are so delusional. But so entertaining.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job on the no spend days!