Thursday, July 2, 2009

Exciting News


I know it has been awhile since my last post. It has been a little hectic lately and lately I just havent really felt like I
had the time to post anything. But I do have some exciting news! I bought a car! :)

I have to admit, one of the reasons that I didn't mention it sooner was because I was...I dont know, almost afraid of what you guys would say! Crazy right? I guess I thought maybe you guys might think it was a bad move. I dont know.

Anyways now to the details. I bought a 2008 Toyota yaris 4 door hatchback. It's silver and cute as a button. I had been researching for a looong time and knew what I wanted. It was just a matter of going to the dealership and picking one out. Unfortunately these cars are pretty popular, you can wait months for a brand new one, and there was not many used ones to choose from. But it's ok because I found one I liked. There is a few options that it doesn't have that I wanted, but when it came down to it, they were not deal breakers and I felt I could compromise. When you are searching for a deal on a used car you cannot be too picky.

In a way, it kind of sucks to be back in debt again, but hey I have a car!! I have so much freedom now to come and go as I please. I don't have to make sure its ok with my parents first if I want to go away for the weekend and I dont have to worry about renting a car when I want to go on a far-away extended trip. Plus its totally affordable for me, it's not pushing my budget to the max or anything, atleast not in my opinion. I honestly feel that I have never been in a better position for getting a car as I am now and just felt that it was time for this next step in life.

Anyways I hope you guys are excited for me!! :)

P.S. With all the excitement I wasn't exactly being diligent with recording my daily spending. Because of little boo boo I will not be posting what I spend in June. I can hear your disappointment :P I will get back to it for the month of July though :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Congratulations on the new car!! At the end of the day, as long as you know you made the right choice for YOU - then that's all that matters! :D

The Asian Pear said...

that's a nice car. :)
it's a good time to buy cars right now as they're often on sale. And Toyota makes great cars. Very fuel efficient & reliable.

paranoidasteroid said...

Congrats on the new car!

I am worried about what we're going to do if Chad needs a new car (which is very likely). We don't have enough cash to buy one outright, but I know how the PF community feels about car loans!