Sunday, September 27, 2009

Unexpected Income


Have you guys ever heard of E-crater? It's a website where you can sell things, kind of like Etsy, only with this site it doesn't have to be homemade stuff. Unlike Ebay, there is no fees to the seller so it is super easy.

A few months ago I put up some makeup items that I had laying around not using. Well I just sold two things today! When I checked my email this morning I had an email saying I had a payment in my paypal account. It was pretty exciting, because this is my first customer!

So after shipping I am about $15.00 richer today!

This has motivated me a little bit, I also had some clothes in a box that I am no longer wearing/never worn that I was planning to put on the site as well, I think I am going to start that process today!

I have thought about just putting stuff on kijiji or craigslist, I know it would be easier, but I just don't really like the idea of having strangers coming over to pick up stuff or even meeting people somewhere. Especially because of my job, because I work in a pharmacy and we have a lot of regular customers that live around me. So they would recognize me and I just don't really feel comfortable with that, especially if there happened to be some kind of problem with the sale or anything.

No comments: