Sunday, February 28, 2010



Well guys, this is it. It is the final day of the 2010 Winter Olympics and Canada is playing US for the gold medal in mens hockey. I knew it would come down to this. I just had a feeling. This is going to be a great game, and I have faith that we can do it.

In my opinion, Canada has done awesome these games. We may not have the most medals, but we do have the most gold. And that is a pretty big accomplishment! Right now we are tied at the world record of 13 gold medals in a Winter Olympics. If we win the hockey game, we will beat it!!

Did anyone watch the womens gold medal game?? If you haven't heard it was Canada vs US (no surprise) and we won. We kicked their butts! And I'm sorry, but the US were sore losers. I mean, I can understand that its a huge disappointment to lose, especially against your biggest rival, I get all that. But in the end, you are representing your country. They should have smiled and been gracious and grateful because YOU ARE AT THE OLYMPICS. Just to even be there is a huge honour. I felt they did not represent their country well and it was quite embarrassing (for them). If it had been the other way around, I feel pretty confident in saying that our team would of still smiled and been grateful for their silver medal.

Sorry to my American readers if I offended any of you. I am not trying to bash your country in general, I am just stating my opinion on how those women in particular were acting.

Anyways, I'm off to get some breakfast and hopefully do something productive before the big game. This is definately going to be an edge-of-your-seat kind of game!!!


No comments: