- Communication: facebook, email, MSN
- Surfing and blogging: general surfing the web and reading blogs and writing this one of course.
- download and listen to music
- watch dvds
- keep track of spending with a spreadsheet
- store pictures
- doing my online course and submitting projects/essays etc.
- hopefully in the future setting up my jewelery store on etsy.
- any gaming
- any artsy stuff like graphic design or serious photo editing (although perhaps some basic stuff once I get more into my jewelry business)
I have read a lot of reviews and many people compare it to the macbook pro 13" (which is only $200 dollars more). People are saying its basically the same computer except for more memory in the macbook pro and it supposedly has a bit better graphics I think and some SD card slot or something. My computer that I have right now has that and I have never used it. Some people are saying that the Macbook's unibody enclosure is a bit more durable than the macbook pro's aluminum casing.
Here are some basic tech specs on the macbook:
- 4.7 pounds
- 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2Duo processor
- 2G RAM
- 13.3" display
- has a built in camera
- 250 GB hard disk space
- 10 hour battery
- comes with a lot of programs
- weighs less than current computer (current one is about 7 lbs!)
- built in camera
- longer battery life(mine only lasts about 2 hours)
- I dont really know that much about computers but according to the various reviews I've read it seems that the operating system is really really good. People say it doesnt really get slow, even when doing lots of things at once. And reviewers are saying the 10 hour battery life claim is pretty much on point. Some people have complained that it only has 2 USB slots. I dont really care about that because for the longest time I didnt know my computer had 3 cause I only ever use 2 (one is in the back and i didnt see it).
So I am looking for all you computer savvy people to comment on this one!! Do you think this is a good choice or do you have a better idea? :P