Sunday, February 12, 2012

Blue Valentine


Tonight I rented Blue Valentine after work. This movie left me feeling so.....restless. It was heartbreaking to watch two people fall in love and fall out of love. The movie starts in the present day where Cindy (Michelle Williams) and Dean (Ryan Gosling) are married. You can see right away that their marriage is awful. It keeps cutting back to the beginning of the relationship, where they first fell in love. The beginning is cute but the present day parts are so....irritating. Its hard to watch because I feel its so relatable. I think so many people can relate to that feeling of waking up years later and wondering where your life went. Why you didn't do all the things you set out to do, and wanting more out of life. Its so real. The whole movie in general was kind of strange. Boring in a way. Quiet. No climax really. I still can't decide if I "liked" it. But it left me with with this sort of heart wrenching feeling of "god, I hope I don't end up like that".

No comments: