Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Oh How Pinteresting Wednesday!

I thought it was time to participate in another Oh How Pinteresting Wednesday again, since I haven't done one in awhile. But before we get to that heres a little recap of my life lately:
  • I'm on track to have my car paid off by the end of next month!! 
  • Speaking of my car, I had an unexpected car expense this week. I took it in to Toyota to have it looked at because it's been quite loud lately and making a bit of a rattling noise. I figured it would still be under warranty but the part that needed replacing was not under warranty anymore. Toyota told me it would cost $219.00 plus tax and said they had all the part in stock and could do it right away. I was thinking in my head that it's already been making this noise for months, whats another week or so? So I asked the guy to write it down so I could ask my dad about it because he has a friend with a shop that does repairs. So my dad took it to his friend and his friend was able to do it for only $100 total. So half the price of the dealership! So I was pretty happy about that. 
  • On the weekend I went to Walmart to pick up a few things and ended up buying a waffle maker. It was only $50 which is the least expensive one I've seen so far, and it does two waffles at a time. I decided to go for it even though I wasn't planning on spending that much money that day. I whipped up a recipe for brownie waffles I found on the internet and was please with how they turned out. It's simple to use and it's non-stick, you don't need any non-stick spray. Here's a picture of my waffle:
I apologize for the fact that you can barely see the waffle under the fruit and whipped cream :)
  • I made good use of my netflix subscription and watched two movies this weekend: This Means War and Friends With Kids. Both great movies! 
And now for some of my favourite pins lately:



You know the YouTube video right?! 

Stenciled glitter squares!

Michael Kors Shirt Dress


No comments: