Monday, February 18, 2013

Long Weekend Re-cap

This weekend is a long weekend in Ontario and some other Canadian provinces because today is Family Day. Unfortunately it wasn't really a "long weekend" for me because I still had to work Saturday. But I did get yesterday and today off (work is closed today). So having 2 days off in a row is like a vacation in itself for someone with a schedule like mine.

Saturday was one of the most busiest most annoying days I have ever worked. It was crazy busy and it seemed that every crazy, rude and annoying customer we have came on that day. Needless to say I could not wait to go home. On the way home I stopped at the LCBO and picked up this little treat:


I had plans to watch Argo with some co-workers and picked this up to bring with me, since I could of used a drink after my awful day. I had heard quite a bit about this wine, various people on facebook have mentioned it and all good things. Newsflash: it tastes like crap. 

Anyways, we watched Argo and loved it. It is definitely one of the best movies I've seen in awhile and I can see why it has been nominated for so many Oscars. I thought it would be hard to understand like many political-type movies are for me but it wasn't at all. It was great. 

Other than that I haven't really done anything too exciting this weekend. Pretty much lazed around reading books and watching my Criminal Minds on DVD and last night met up with a friend for a drink. After working so much lately, this taking-it-easy type of weekend is exactly the kind of weekend I needed.

Oh and this past week I receieved my $25 Walmart gift card in the mail from Tellwut. It came very fast so I'm pretty impressed. I'm going to save it for when I move out, for groceries. 

And the best part of today is my favourite show Castle is airing the 1st of a 2 part episode that's going to be super intense. I've seen some previews online and it looks to be an edge-of-your-seat type of episode. I can't wait for 10PM :)

No comments: