Saturday, May 4, 2013

Blog Every Day in May: Day 4


Day 4
Favourite quote and why you love it

I honestly couldn't say that I have ONE favourite quote because there is just so many good ones out there! So I will show you a few favourites, courtesy of Pinterest of course!


This really resonates with me because I know the feeling. When I went to Portugal last summer it started my love affair with the ocean. I had seen the ocean before when my family went to Nova Scotia when I was 14 but not like this. There I was on a tiny little island (the whole population of it about the same as my current city) completely surrounded by ocean. No matter where you were on the island, you could see the ocean if you were up high enough, and if you couldn't see if you could most certainly smell it. I will never forget stepping off the plane and smelling that fresh ocean air. It was unlike anything I've ever experienced before and I wish I could just bottle up that scent and keep it with me always....


I believe this is true. I think some people were meant to be in your life to help shape you but they are not necessarily good for you. I definitely had a person like this in my life throughout high school/college and beyond...up until I was about 21, and yes it was a boy. I didn't talk to him for years, but we're cool now. I have him on Facebook but we don't really talk and I haven't seen him in person for years and I don't intend to.


Ok you guys are probably thinking "Taylor Swift is so annoying"and maybe it makes me uncool for loving her music but I really don't care. I love this quote so much and totally agree with it. 


I have to admit that I do constantly compare myself to others, wondering why don't I have this or why can't I be as pretty as her? Having this mentality of not comparing myself to others is something that I strive for, but it really is a constant battle. 




No comments: