Monday, September 21, 2009

New Sidebars


I've finally copied all you other PF bloggers and put little sidebars on the right side of my blog to show my progress in some financial goals.

1. Portugal fund - I am pretty determined to make it there someday soon. My goal is to save $2000 and so far I have $724.34, only $1275.70 to go! Yikes

2. Car payoff - The car was $15000 total and I had $1500 downpayment, plus a few months worth of car payments means I have paid off a total of $1990.27 and still have $13009.70 to go.

I also need to start saving for a new computer (more about that later). And I also want to start a car fund for various car expenses. I don't feel like I have to put money aside RIGHT NOW though, because the car is still pretty new so I don't anticipate any major repairs anytime soon (knock on wood) plus it still has various warantees left on it. I am not getting winter tires this year, my parents think I should stick out the first winter to see how the car does, and see if I really need them, and then I will get them next winter if I want. I also get my first oil change free. So I am not in a huge rush to start the car fund, but maybe after the new year or something.

Thinking about all these "funds" is kinda stressful when I think about what income I have!! I feel like if I have too many things I am saving for I will only be saving a tiny bit in each category and they will take forever to be complete.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's definitely stressful when you feel like there is no end in sight. But hang in there - every little bit counts! :)

And it's not about how much money you make - it's what you do with your money that matters! <- True story! hehe

GOOD LUCK! You can totally rock it!

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Ooo side bars. :)

Why Portugal by the way? :)

hklover86 said...

because I am half portuguese! :)