Monday, January 25, 2010

Updates

Hey everyone

Sorry I have not written for awhile! I haven't really been up to it lately! My family is kind of going through a hard time right now, money wise, and nothing really exciting has been happening, so I didn't really have much to say. But it's been too long, I feel like I should post something.

I've started reading Love in the Time of Cholera. I was starting to wonder why it has been on so many "best-seller" lists and "must read" lists. It took over 50 pages but it is finally getting to the point, so I will keep reading.

We had our work Christmas dinner last weekend at a restaurant in town. We only got to choose between 3 meals and no drinks were included (last year one alcoholic drink was paid for), but the food was pretty good, at least what I got. We also got a $25 PC gift card, which I used yesterday. I went to Zehrs to check out clothing because I love their Joe Fresh line. The clothes there are super nice and affordable. And sometimes the clearance prices are insane. I ended up getting 3 shirts for $30 ( so I only paid $5) one of which was only $3.94!!

Budget wise I am under in all categories so far except for groceries. I have spent more on groceries as opposed to eating out. I have also been trying to buy more groceries in general to help my parents out. I think in the future I am going to just have one food category instead of splitting them up. So far I have had 7 no spending days which is pretty good I think :)

Hopefully I can get through the last 6 days of the month and keep under budget!



2 comments:

paranoidasteroid said...

LTC starts slowly, but the prose is so pretty. I think I mentioned before that I really liked it!

The Asian Pear said...

Hope things get better soon for you!