Saturday, June 4, 2011

Estee Lauder Warehouse Sale


This morning I was lucky enough to attend the Estee Lauder Warehouse sale in Markham, ON. For those of you not familiar with it, it is a sale that is put on 4 times a year by Estee Lauder where you can find their makeup products as well as products from other companies they own like MAC, Clinique, Origins, Bobbi Brown etc. Most people go for the MAC products and that is what the majority of it is anyway. I have been hearing about these sales for years and this year I was so lucky to get two tickets from a former co-worker. So last night I stayed over at my girlfriends place who lives in the GTA and up we got at 7am this morning and we were in line by 8:30. The sale opened at 9am and we got in around 9:30.

Let me start with my overall thoughts/impressions. I knew from online forums that the prices
have gone up significantly in the last few years. With that said, it is still cheaper than retail and I was just glad to have the chance to go! Some things were better deals than others, but what I think is really the best part of it is that you can get items that are no longer available in stores like items from past collections and discontinued items.

The best part of this is that I saved up some money in cash and stuck to my budget of $120. I got some great items, although if I was ever lucky enough to go again I think I would try to go on the Friday for the better selection. There was a few very specific items I was looking for and none of them were there. Oh well I had a great time anyways! I've got pictures!

Here is everything I got:



And a breakdown with prices:



From the infamous $4 bins...
2 mini Clinique makeup removers
2 pairs of lashes (retails for $17 each)


$10 each:
Lipgelee in Slicked Pink (retail $17.50)
Lipglass in Just Add Colour (retail $17.50)
Lipstick in Shy Girl (retail $17.50)


Eyeshadow in Hypnotizing $12 (retail $17.50)
Select Cover up Concealer $9 (retail $20)

$5 Charity bag (you get a random assortment of full sized products for $5 and it goes to charity.
Diva in Distress eyeshadow (retail $23.50)
Cremesheen glass in Partial to Pink (retail $22)
Plush Lash mascara (retail $17)


#272 eyeshadow brush $20
After searching the website I realized this brush has been discontinued so I'm not sure what the retail price was but on Ebay its listed for about $40

Free gift:
Haunting eyeshadow (retail $17.50)


I also got 2 makeup bags. I didn't take a close up pic but you can see them in the first picture. One is navy blue and one is white and they have a seashell outline on them. They were $4 for both.

So altogether I spent about $107 which means I was under budget! :)





No comments: