Monday, August 22, 2011

New Magazine Subscription


This is my first issue of my new Macleans subscription!! I recently decided to subscribe to it and its pretty expensive at the store, about $5.95 I believe. I got 22 issues ( I think, or maybe it was 24) for $20. SO MUCH LESS MONEY!!!

I first fell in love with this magazine about 6 years ago when the guy I worked for had it delivered to the office. I used to read it on my lunch breaks all the time. What I like about it is the variety of articles. Some are entertainment based (about celebs), there is some about the economy, some about business, world issues etc. I like to know what's going on in the world and as I get older I am starting to get sick of the Cosmo's and Glamours that basically talk about the same stuff over and over: How to Get a Guy to Like You, How to Lose 10 lbs in a week, etc etc. I want to read about real issues!

Now I have a weekly surprise to look forward to in the mail! :)

Do you guys subscribe to any magazines??


5 comments:

Girl Makes Cents said...

I used to subscribe to a kids magazine called Chickadee. I would bring them when supply teaching. It was a Christmas gift. Now I don't have any magazines I subscribe to. I really enjoy Macleans when my brother used to get it though.

Amy said...

I subscribe to Glamour, Women's Health and Martha Stewart Living (which was a gift). I love my Glamour and WH but I'll probably skip renewing Martha because all I really like are the recipes and the Halloween & Christmas issues, which you can more or less find on her site. I remember HATING Maclean's and being so mad if I went to the doctor's office and that's all they had in the waiting room. Now I don't mind it. I guess I'm getting old :)

Shoe.Gal said...

I love magazine subscriptions. They are such a great way to save cash while still getting the same product. I subscribe to: Vanity Fair, Vogue, InStyle, Marie Clair and Fitness. Plus I get a whole bunch of business magazines from my BF's dad. I think I am going to have to come back when the time comes to renew since I find that a lot of the time I do not have time to read them.

My money, my life said...

It's a great idea but it just doesn't work out for me. I do buy magazines occasionally, and it's like a treat. But when I had magazine subscriptions, I treat them like junk mail and stop really reading them. Once in a while though, when I feel like splurging, a $6 magazine can entertain me for hours on end!

Stephanie said...

I love using coupons! I get a rush out of saving money. :)

I'm subscribed to several mags! Glamour, Vogue, Allure, Cosmo to name a few of the girly ones. lol