Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Winter Tires

Well I finally got winter tires for my car! What happened was I had put out on ad on Kijiji saying I was hoping to find some in like-new condition for a reasonable price. I had a guy reply and I was interested. He was selling a set of tires AND rims for $350, used for only 1 season. I thought that was pretty good. I went to the Canadian Tire website just to read user reviews on that brand of tire (Goodyear Nordic) and not only did they have great reviews but they were on sale!! They were $77 each. Times that by 4, add tax and thats about $350. But the used ones included rims. I talked to my parents and they both thought I should forget about the used ones because even though it was a great deal there is no need to have a 2nd set of rims. So I went to the store and got the new ones. I forgot there was some government fee on them, which was $5.84 each. So I ended up paying $378 for them. Which is still a great price and you know what was the best part?? I had saved up the money already so I didn't have to worry about paying that off on my credit card!!!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

That's a great deal! I had to get new tires for my car last year and I shopped around and the cheapest I could find for my car was $1,000. ahhh

Anonymous said...

Just as an FYI though the having the rims would make the tires last a little longer as it is hard on them taking them on and off rims every year.

Anonymous said...

You did not really saved,the additional cost of switching the tires on/off rims each season will add up,if you went for the ones on wheels you could have change the wheels yourself for free.
Next time you'll know:-)

Canadian Saver said...

That is a great price!!

Anonymous said...

It`s a best deal you have done for winter tyres....