Thursday, November 17, 2011

Luxe box: November


As I mentioned in my last post, I signed up for this thing called Luxebox. Basically for $12 a month you get a box in the mail with about 4-6 products. 1 or 2 are usually full size and the rest sample size. It is a cool way to try out new things without committing to the retail price, and also kinda cool if you love getting surprises in the mail! They send you an email to let you know when it has been shipped. I got mine the day after the email, so that was awesome.

Anyways here is a picture of what it looks like:



When you open it you first see a little greeting card that gives you a summary of the items in the box. After you remove that and the other pieces of paper you see the tissue paper with a sticker that says : "Made for:___(your name)" It's so cute :)



Here is the first glance of all the products:


And a closer look:
(I am including the approx retail price provided in the card)

1. Essie nail polish in "Coral reef" - $8 retail
2. Benefit Moisture Prep Toning Lotion (sample size) $29 retail
3. Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream (sample size) $38 retail

4. ELF Brightening Eye Colour in 2018 "day to night" - $1 retail
5. Olay regenerist wrinkle revolution complex (sample size) (doesnt have retail price)
6. Teaopia Cactus Fig tea kit - $7 retail

Overall I am quite happy with this month's box. I am already wearing the nail polish and I cant wait to try the benefit stuff. I have never tried any Elf products so that will be interesting. I have already swatched the colours on my hand and they do appear to be quite nice. I never drink tea, so I won't be using the Teaopia kit, I might give that to my friend. But I am pleased with the products overall! I have already committed to a 3 month subscription so I am definitely getting at least 2 more boxes and then I will decide if its a good value and if I will continue getting them.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow I've been wanting to try one of these monthly box things, I think I might try this.

My money, my life said...

I've seen that nail polish colour on other bloggers and it's really pretty. good loot!