Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bzz Review: Burt's Bees

I mentioned from time to time on here that I am a BzzAgent. BzzAgent is a website that I joined over a year ago where you get selected for campaigns for products to review. They will send you the product for free and you have to fill out a survey on your thoughts. They also encourage you to tell your friends, post on your blog etc and tell them what feedback you get. If anyone is interested leave your email and I will send you an invite. Anyways on to my review.

What am I reviewing? Burts Bees products for sensitive skin. Both are made with cotton extract which is supposed to have calming properties (according to my internet research). They also have sunflower seed oil (smoothing properties), rice extract (hydrating), beet root extract (antioxidant properties), among others. Both products are: fragrance free, hypo-allergenic, allergy tested, non-comedogenic, and dermatologist tested.

1. Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser


Honestly I have to say I wasn't too impressed with this product. I found it to be much too heavy for my taste. This might sound weird but I like to feel my cleanser doing something. It felt like rubbing a heavy cream on your face and then just washing it off. It didn't even take off my makeup very well. My normal routine is my Cetaphil alternating with Proactiv and even the Cetaphil (which is also very gentle) washes off my makeup better. 



2. Burt's Bees Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Cream

This has a pleasant smell and does an alright job of moisturizing. It's not too heavy which is good but it wasn't 100% moisturizing enough for me. There isn't really anything bad about this product, it's just not for me. 

Has anyone tried Burt's Bees products?? Do you use any of them regularly? I want to hear your thoughts!

2 comments:

unabashedlyashley said...

I was at a farmers market recently and got a few tiny samples of their Milk & Honey body lotion. I'm out East right now and my skin is super dry. I am really just using it on my feet which are always dry anyway. Its been three days and while my feet smell great I'm not sure if its enough for me yet. Still testing.

unabashedlyashley said...

I should add I always use their original chapstick and it works like a hot damn!