Saturday, April 28, 2012

April Luxe Box


1. China Glaze FULL size nail polish in Full Spectrum $8

2. Yves Rocher Makeup Remover Sample
Full size is 125ml/$6 and sample is 50ml so approx $2.40 worth

3. Bobos Remi leave in conditioner
Full size is 10oz/$10 and sample is 2.7oz so approx $2.70 worth

4. Pantene Pro-V Aqua Light Shampoo and Conditioner 
Full size 375ml/$6 and samples are 50ml so approx 80 cents worth (each)

In terms of getting my money's worth I would say this month is a bit of a bust. I definitely have gotten a lot more (dollar wise) in past boxes. I do like the nail polish and am curious about the leave in conditioner. Not sure why I got Pantene stuff in this box because I thought it was supposed to be like more premium brands. So I'm not super impressed with this month but its still better than my Glymm box!

I'm only going to get one more Glymm box, and that's only because after that I will have enough points for a $20 credit towards purchasing a full size item which could really come in handy. This month was my last luxe box. I've also signed up for Glossy box which starts next month. It has gotten really good reviews from other bloggers so I'm excited about that one. I also went on a waiting list for "Beauty Army" which is one where you get to pick your samples, and they emailed me that I can subscribe. But the samples for May didn't really interest me at all so I wrote them asking if I can skip this month. lol. Gosh these subscription boxes are starting to get a little out of hand aren't they? Once I try them all I need to narrow it down to 2 max. The plus side of all this is I've got so many travel size toiletries for my upcoming trips!

I honestly think it would be the most brilliant thing if someone would come up with a beauty subscription box consisting solely of ASIAN beauty brands. Etude House, Skin Food, Missha, Majolica Majorca, Kanebo, etc etc. This would be amazing and if someone would do that it would make my life. 


No comments: