Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Health and Fitness



Im proud to tell you guys that I have lost 10 pounds since the start of 2012. It hasn't been going quite as good as I hoped (meaning not fast enough) but I'm still proud of myself. Here are some of the things that I have been doing:

- one word: Blogilates. This is a pilates blog run by a girl named Cassie Ho. She is a pilates instructor and she also has her own fashion line. I have done some of her videos and also participated in some of her weekly challenges as well. She's really positive and upbeat without being super annoying, and visiting the Blogilates Facebook pages helps because everyone talks about their progress and gives each other tips.

-Protein Shakes. I've started having protein shakes in the mornings as breakfast. I find it keeps me full until lunch time and also helps me wake up. Basically my shake consists of: 1 cup of 1% milk, 1 scoop protein powder, frozen strawberries and blueberries, spoonful of ground flaxseed. If we have bananas in the house I will add one and also sometimes I add a handful of spinach. Sometimes I put in some yogurt as well. This helps me with my calcium intake as well because I don't like to drink milk.

-Running. I've sort of started running. A little. I saw something on Pinterest that was like a program for beginners that gives you a chart where you start out with certain intervals of running/walking and work your way up. I'm still on the first step. Like a month later. LOL. You start out by running 1 minute and walking 2 minutes. I find it very difficult to run for more than 1 minute at a time. But I just tell myself it's still better than just walking, and even just walking is better than sitting on your butt!

Then of course there is the food thing. I am not on a specific diet because that doesn't work for me. I don't like being told what I can and cannot eat. I have just been trying to eat better in general. Trying to bring something for lunch instead of waiting and buying food at work. Since the new year I have not eaten any:

-fast food. No McDonalds, wendy's, burger king etc etc. So like no fries or cheeseburgers or anything.
-no cookies or seriously indulgent pastries
-no pop
-no french fries
-no ice cream

I can't really think of anything else. My worst weakness is chocolate. I don't deprive myself but if I want some chocolate, instead of eating a whole chocolate bar like I used to do, I will go to the dollar store and get like one of those little bags of mini eggs thats like 200 calories or something else small like that.

I am planning to go to more yoga classes at the place I mentioned before, and once my month is up, I want to try out a new place. With the nicer weather I am hoping that it will be a little easier to go out running more. I am hoping to lose at least another 10 pounds before Portugal (15 would be even better).


No comments: