Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Blog Every Day In May: Day 1


Day 1:
The story of your life in 250 words or less 


I was born in a city but grew up in a very small town of only a few thousand people because my parents "didn't want to raise kids in the city." Although I have come to appreciate my country roots upbringing, as an adult I have very strong (negative) feelings about growing up in that type of town. 
I'm a fairly happy-go-lucky sort. I'm always laughing. I laugh when something is funny, when I'm nervous or when I don't really know how to respond to something. I have a job that I really enjoy, and it's not what I went to school for. And that's ok.. But it is my career and I couldn't see myself doing anything else.  As I get older I am realizing that I might not be the settle-down-get-married-and-have-kids type of girl. And that's ok too, because I'm learning to live on my own terms and nobody else's.





1 comment:

Sweet Tea In Sicily said...

I grew up in a small town too and I have a love/hate relationship with it too. I don't necessarily want to raise my child in that environment because of my negative feelings towards it. Love that you laugh when you don't know how to respond to something... I do the same :)

Ciao,
Ash