Thursday, December 20, 2012

Random Acts of Kindness

After all the horrible things we hear about in the news and the appalling behaviour I have to deal with from my customers on a day to day basis, it is nice to hear that there are some truly good people left in the world!

One of my friends was the recipient of a random act of kindness this week. Someone came knocking on her door with a ton of Christmas presents all wrapped up, a basket full of food and toiletries, gift cards for more groceries, books, clothing etc. She is a single mom with 2 children and she is in school right now as well, so needless to say she's got a few money issues right now. Somehow she manages, but this was just so awesome for her. I really couldn't believe it. I hear these stories once in awhile, but it's never really happened to someone that I know personally. She has no idea whose idea this was but she really appreciates it, and being her friend, I am really happy that someone thought to do this for her!! What a great Christmas present!!

No comments: